Sunday, July 16, 2017

New Website!

My New WeBSite!
I just realized that I hadn't written about my new website yet. If you found my blog through the website, this post is redundant but I will cover some new material or at least, lengthier explanations.

I've had so many websites before that I've lost track....I also have more blogs than I can keep up with but let's not talk about that. As for the websites, there has been: S. E. ~ Folk Art, Gray Horse Designs (mainly for my equine photography and graphic design stage), Sande Elkins ~ Photography, Sande Elkins ~ Artist, Sande Elkins Art....and probably a few more I've forgotten.

So, I'm sure you're asking, "Why did you choose to name this site Ginny Pearl ~ Sande Elkins Art (.com)?" Well, this question has a rather complex answer. First, I wanted to name my entire business just Ginny Pearl in honor of my late mother, best friend and biggest fan, Virginia (Ginny) Chrisman-Jones....as for the Pearl, my mom hated her middle name so she is probably yelling at me from on high right now. I think she would forgive me that one and not just because she loved me beyond measure but because everyone I've talked with loves the name. Second, why then did I include, Sande Elkins Art, in the domain name? That was so that people who've known me and my work for years and those searching for me on the web would not be confused by the Ginny Pearl. And finally, thirdly, why did I not include the entire title as it appears in my banner, Ginny Pearl~the Art of Sande Jones-Elkins in the domain name? That would just be too much for anyone to have to type.

No comments:

Post a Comment